12/26/2012

I made it through the Christmas Holiday without falling to my temptations, to much. I must admit I have had a cookie and one piece of chocolate. It made the stomach queasy but nothing major, just enough to cause me to never do something like that again. I made lasagna for the fam and a veggie lasagna for me. I am not making that recipe again. It was good, just not to my liking. I tolerated it but it was not tasty to me.

I started counseling last week. It will be good. It is nice to hear from someone who is not only a professional but a been there, doing it kinda person tell me I am not crazy and the adjustment period does not last forever. I was also given the task of thinking up three things that I can do now that I could not do with all the weight on. I have actually come up with about 5 things. They are cross my legs, walk up three flights of stairs, sleep through the night with no snoring, not eat my way through emotions, and play for more than 10 minutes with the boys outside. All of that happened in the last 8 weeks.

I learned about the not eating through emotions last weekend when my grandmother passed away. She was 93 years old and a wonderful lady. I cried and talked to The Man, my husband, and took care of my kiddos.  I also was able to be there with my Daddy and not want to eat through the hard parts. That is huge. I never thought I would be able to accomplish something like that.

I am down a total of 63 pounds since I started this journey. I have a few more to go but I am feeling the benefits emotionally and physically.

Me 1 year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment