12/15/2012

Hello

Hello World,

   I am Reasa. I am also on a journey of weight loss. I am a 39 year old female with 5 kids who has been married for almost 20 years. Yep, I have know my wonderful husband for over half of my life. It is a subject I try to stay away from.
   I started my weight loss journey a few years ago. My highest weight was a tad over 250. I didn't have a scale in my home at the time so I am just guessing. It could have been more or less but I am leaning towards more. Two years ago, after many attempts at the traditional plan of exercise and diet, I saw a doctor about weight loss surgery. It didn't feel right at the time so I went back to being a gym rat and dieting. I loved every minute in the gym but was not seeing the results I should have been.
   Then about six months into exercise I was having stroke like symptoms and my blood pressure was triple digits over triple digits. Not good. I also was limping along and  using a cane for a few months and no answers as to why. 
    So I went to another doctor about weight loss surgery and fell in love with his staff and point blank attitude. I started the process of getting the insurance to approve my surgery and meet the medical clearances I needed. At that time in Feb 2012 I was weighing in at 228. Now, mind you as you think that that is not to bad, you were not big at all, you must know I am 5 foot 4 inches. I may not have looked as big as I was, but I could feel it in my bones, attitude and health.
     It was not an easy decision. And it is not an easy process. My mind is not mine, I am the same but don't feel like it and my body is changing so quickly I do not know what to think of it. So I am going to write it down here and share my story, along with some recipes I enjoy that are bariatric friendly. And let me tell you  some are yummy and some not so yummy. 
   So, welcome to my life and craziness. It is mine and I enjoy most of it. I hope you stay around and enjoy.


     Reasa

No comments:

Post a Comment