6/02/2014

Done Something New?

Have you ever said you would never do something? I have and ate those words this weekend. I wore white pants this weekend for the first time in my life. And it was completely freeing! I enjoyed my day without worry of sticky hands or spilling for or liquid on them. I am still in awe of myself for doing it and not stressing out I was going to ruin a pair of pants.

How can a pair of pants be so freeing, you ask. And I answer: It is not the pants, but the resolve to do something without fear of what could happen. I put those pants on this weekend and did not think of the negative possibilities of what I might do or what someone might do. TOTALLY AWESOME!!! 

As I came to realize that I could wear these pants, I wondered why I could not come to the same thought process in my personal and business life. What I do is perfect for me. I am here to please my God and my husband. How I approach business is how I do it, not how someone wants me to. I can be given the tools and coached in words or phrases to say. It still comes down to how I approach and act towards people and situations.

I am here to succeed for my family and myself, not my mentor, boss, friends, or family. Just my family and myself. That is a very liberating thought process.

Please let me know how you can liberate yourself and what are your reasons for it. I would love to hear from you.

Photo courtesy of: http://www.inofashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Maiyet-in-white-pants-and-blazer.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment